1. How much are the panels?
About 20% to 60% less than all other similar types of stone and brick veneer products. You can find all the prices on the corresponding panel pages:
2. Do you offer a warranty on your panels?
Yes, we offer a 15-year limited warranty. Click here to read it.
|15-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY FOR FAUX PANELS
Barron Designs Inc. (dba FauxPanels.com) warrantees all Faux Panels to withstand normal outdoor conditions for fifteen years. Barron Designs (dba FauxPanels.com) warrantees the Faux Panels will not peel, crack, split, or rot.
Barron Designs (dba FauxPanels.com) warrantees against all manufacturer defects (Barron Designs must be notified within 30 days of purchase if a manufacture defect was found). Damage resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, fire, improper installation, improper maintenance, acts of God, or use of products not approved by Barron Designs Inc shall not be covered under the warranty. Barron Designs Faux Panels are treated with a coating of a U.V. finish. This prevents and/or slows down sun fading, but like anything left in the sun, some slight fading could occur. Barron Designs does not warranty against this sun fading. Barron Designs does not warranty Faux Panels against hurricanes or tornado damage.
When Barron Designs has determined that a Faux Panel is defective, it will replace the product or a credit may be offered instead of replacement (at Barron Designs' discretion). Barron Designs' liability is limited to the cost of the defective product.
This warranty expressly excludes the following:
- Harmful chemicals
- Misuse or abuse
- Fire or flood
- Distorting and warping from excessive heat
- Mold and Mildew accumulation
- Damage from shipping and Handling
- Lightning, hurricane, tornado, windstorm, earthquake, or any other acts of god
- Animal or birds
- Color changes due to normal weathering including sunlight
- Falling objects or impact of foreign objects
- Damage from improper installation
3. Can I attach your panels to concrete or brick?
Yes, the panels can be attached to any concrete or brick surface. There two methods that can be used. Please select one of the installation guides below to learn how.
4. How do I cut the panels?
Cutting the panels is easy! You can use any wood cutting tool.
Please click on the images below to see a short video of the panels being cut.
5. Can I use your Panels around my Fireplace/Stove?
Although our panels are incredibly realistic, keep in mind that they are not a stone product, they are manufactured utilizing high density polyurethane. With that in mind, all of our Polyurethane Panels are a Class B Construction Material (unless ordered in Class A which is available on some Faux Panel product lines) and can be used around a Fireplace opening/insert, and/or Stove, provided you follow the Fireplace Insert/Stove Manufacturer's specifications for required clearances.
When using our panels around an open hearth where there will be a "live flame" (i.e., wood, coal, etc.), it is recommended that you use some type of a stone or non flammable border (minimum 6") before starting our Panels, and then use Class A fire rated panels for the area immediately surrounding the opening. Please note that anytime our panels are used and there is any chance of a live flame or embers coming in contact with the panel, that we recommend using a Class A fire rating. Also, please note that a Class A fire rating makes the panels more fire and heat retardant, it does not make them fire proof, therefore, our product is not suitable for the inside of your hearth/firebox.. Other than this, our standard panels can be utilized with the same clearances observed as the Fireplace/Stove manufacturer recommends for any standard paneling material or sheetrock (Class B Materials). You also must adhere to any, and all, building and/or fire codes concerning clearances that are applicable in your area.
6. How light are they?
All our panels vary in weight between all the product lines we are offering. Most of the panels are only 1 to 1.5 lbs per sq ft. Please click on the product line your interested in to see the weight.
7. Are the panels easy to install?
Yes, our paneling and siding is very easy to install. Please click for the installation directions
. If you are not handy, any carpenter in the phone book can install our panels.
8. Can I use your panels on my mobile home as skirting?
Yes, our panels are a simple and inexpensive way to beautify you mobile home.
Our panels can be used as a skirting or wainscoting in any interior or exterior application.
Click here to learn more about mobile home skirting.
9. Can your Faux Panels™ be painted?
Yes, all of our Faux Panels™, excluding the Nailon and Novi line, can be painted. A high quality water based latex paint is recommended. If the panels are going outside, use an exterior water based latex paint. A perfect example of this can be seen on our video from HGTV’s “Curb Appeal”. Click here to view video
10. What kind of surface can the panels be attached to?
The panels can be adhered to almost any relatively flat surface that is sound (not crumbling or peeling), clean, and dry.
11. Do you protect your panels from fading?
Yes, our panels offer a near zero color degradation (about 1% over a span of 5-10 years depending on your conditions), FauxPanels.com recommends reapplying a clear coat UV inhibitor as a top coat every 5 years or so depending on your conditions to keep the color looking fresh.
12. Do you make custom colors, sizes, and textures?
Yes, for large volume orders it's possible to have your very own custom design. Please call us for more information.
13. Can the panels be used as flooring?
No, the Faux Panels™ are not intended for foot traffic. They are to be used on walls and ceilings only.
14. Can I use your panels to cover my chimney?
15. Where is Faux Panels and veneer used?
Anywhere you want the look of brick, stone, bamboo or wood. The panels are perfect for inside or outside in any residential or commercial application.
16. Is there any maintenance needed?
After the paneling is installed, no maintenance is required!
17. What sizes do panels come in?
Please click on the product line you are interested in to learn more. Most of our panels are 24" x 48".
18. Can your Faux Panels™ be used outside?
19. Can I use your panels on a curved surface?
Only the Oxford line can be used on curved walls.
20. What are they made of?
A very durable, high-density polymer.
21. What do the panels feel like? Do they feel real?
The panels are molded from real brick, stone, wood, etc. Therefore, they feel just like the real thing.
22. Are the samples rebatable?
Yes, the samples are fully rebatable. Only one coupon per order may be used.
23. How do I cash in my sample order rebate?
We will include a coupon for you to use on your next online order.
The coupon will have a code for you to use for your next order in your shopping cart.
In order for you to use coupon, your order subtotal must be greater than coupon amount.
24. If I am a builder, designer or architect can I get a discount?
We do offer a volume discount on large orders to the trades.
25. How do I place an order?
Simply hit the Add to cart button in our online store. You products will be stored in your Shopping cart. Hit the Proceed to Check out button when you are ready to check out and pay for your items.
26. Can I use your faux stone panels as a skirting around my house?
Yes, Our faux panels™ install fast and are durable.
27. What countries do you ship to?
We ship to all countries. If you live outside United States or Canada, please contact us for more information.
28. How do the Faux Panels™ ship?
All of our Faux Panels™ ship UPS directly to you (or your job site). Shipping is an additional cost.
29. How much is shipping?
30. Are my panels waterproof?
, no need to worry. These panels are perfect for all
climates. They're impervious to sun fading, water, animal or insect attacks. Our UV prohibiters will protect the finish, even for exterior use. You can read the test reports here.
31. How do I clean the Faux Panels™?
Cleaning the panels is easy. For exterior applications, simply rinse them down with a garden hose. For interior applications, you can wash them with soap and water or a mild detergent.
32. What is the installation R value?
33. What do other customers say about Faux Panels™?
34. Can I watch your video clips that were shown on TV?
35. Do you have showrooms in my area?
No, you are in our online showroom. To keep the cost down to you, we can only be found online. Everything we sell is factory direct.
You won't be able to find this product in any stores. Please feel free to order samples
from our website.
36. Are you running any promotions?
Yes! Click an offer below to learn more
37. Can I use your Faux Stone Panels in my shower?
Yes, our panels are completely water proof and durable.
When cleaning, please use only a mild detergent and make sure not to use any harsh or bleach-based cleaners. The panels can be sealed in with a polyurethane sealer for easier cleaning if needed.
38. How is it made?
Molds are made using real rock, stone, and brick as the master mold then, using a proprietary process, liquid polyurethane is introduced into the mold forming the exact clone of the original.
39. Where is your corporate office?
40. Will I need special tools to install the Panels?
No. Just the typical tools found in the average home shop should be enough to handle most home projects. Please click for the installation directions
41. How do I know how much caulking to use?
It is recommended to order 1 tube per 4 panels.
42. What if I don't want to install myself?
43. What type of fastener is used to install the panels?
The panels were designed with ease of installation in mind, therefore, depending on the substrate, a good quality deck type screw will work.
44. How will the panels handle the elements?
The Panels have been tested under various conditions. Click here
to visit the specification page
45. How much waste should I calculate for my project?
5% waste is standard for long runs and walls with little cuts. Factor 10%-15% for mansards, gables and other areas requiring an extreme amount of cuts.
46. What do the edges look like?
The edges are finished in the same color as the panel.
Click an image below to see panel edges.
47. How real do the Faux Panels™ look?
Everyone has the same reaction when they see our Faux Panels for the first time. They have to actually pick up a panel see how light it is. Shocked, surprised and delighted. They can't believe it's not real. The Faux Panels are indistinguishable from real brick, stone and wood products.
Click on one of the images below to enlarge.
48. How thick is the simulated stone siding?
Our simulated siding is an average of 3/4 to 2 1/4 inches thick depending upon the specific panel.
49. How many Faux Panels do you offer?
50. What accessories do you offer for your Faux Panel lines?
To complement our panels, we offer Corners
, Window/Door trim
, touch up kits
, Wall Caps
, Wall Capitals
, and Keystones
51. Are the Faux Panels safe for my child to be around? Are the faux panels toxic?
Our Faux Stone Panels are non-toxic and have no off-gasses. They are completely safe for both adults and children.
52. What is the benefit of buying your interlocking Faux Panels?
The benefit to using Interlocking Faux Panels is that it gives a realistic seamless look of stone, brick, or rock. There is no need to hire a mason to install our panels or siding. Our products are less expensive than real stone or manufactured stone veneer products.
53. Are your Faux Panels safe in the kitchen and as a backsplash?
Our Faux Panels are safe to use in the kitchen. Use a mild soap to clean them.
54. If I was to install the Faux Panels in my basement, which can be damp, will it ruin or lessen the life expectancy of the product?
Installing our Faux Panels in a damp basement will NOT ruin the life expectancy. Our Faux Panels have gone through much water and humidity testing.
55. Can I use your Faux Panels under water (pond, pool, aquarium, under a waterfall)?
Although our Faux Panels are waterproof, different areas have different chemicals in the water. Substances like chlorine and others could damage the finish of the panels, and are not covered by our warranty. We suggest ordering a sample
and trying it first.
We also do not recommend installing our panels in a body of water that will be inhabited by any kind of animal life (such as aquariums or fish ponds).
56. When installing the Faux Panels, if I drill the screws in wrong will the Faux Panel crack?
No, they will not crack! There is no splintering or flaking with our Faux Stone Panels. when you cut it you get clean sharp lines.
57. Can I hang pictures on the Faux Panels?
Yes, you can hang pictures on our Faux Panels if done properly installing using mechanical screws. If you install Faux Panels on studs, we recommend bringing stud spacing closer than 16".
58. How do I store the Faux Panels?
All our panels and siding should be stored flat. If the panels are laid on edge for a long period of time they could eventually bow, this is especially true in warm weather or in the sun. If your panels are stored in an upright position and happen to bow, lay them flat in a warm room or sun and they will self-correct.
59. At what temperature should I store Faux Panels?
Faux Panels should be stored in room temperature or cooler.
60. Do you offer fire rated Faux Panels?