||Here at FauxPanels.com we make all of our panels* out of High density Polyurethane, NOT Styrofoam! Polyurethane has huge visual, durability, and health benefits over Styrofoam.
Disadvantages to Styrofoam:
- Can break easily
- Can begin to deform at temperatures as low as 167°F (75°C), melt at around 200°F (93°C), and flow at around 250°F (121°C). In addition to causing structural failure, melting polystyrene can actually fuel a fire.
- Long-term exposure to small quantities of styrene is suspected of causing: Low platelet counts or hemoglobin values, Chromosomal and lymphatic abnormalities, nervousness, difficulty sleeping, and other acute or chronic health problems associated with the nervous system.
Benefits of our Polyurethane Panels:
- Polyurethane has a closed cell structure which provides protection from moisture and therefore will not rot. Further, the closed cell structure prevents paint from peeling from the surface.
- Polyurethane products provide no nutritional value and as such also resist the growth of mildew and fungus.
- Polyurethane panels will not crack or warp when properly installed.
- Polyurethane products are not affected by ultraviolet rays when properly coated.
- In special formulations, Polyurethanes can withstand continuous use at 200°C (392°F) or higher.
- Most panels can be Class A Firerated
- Non toxic.
- No CFC’s in our manufacturing process.
- Do not admit toxic gasses or vapors.
- Can be used with water based stains and finishes.
- 100% free of ozone depleting chlorofluorocarbons.
*Except Nailon panels